Victim Witness Internship Program
VWS has multiple internship opportunities. We accept up to 8 interns to work directly with our advocates – and clients – each semester. Additionally, we have space for up to 3 administrative and management interns, who generally do not work with clients, but who are given projects related to fundraising, non-profit management, volunteer management, marketing, event planning, or community education depending on the intern’s interests and the agency’s needs. All internships are unpaid.
If you have any questions or need more information, contact Courtney Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Not currently accepting applications.
If you would like to apply to the program, please send a resume and cover letter to Courtney Taylor. The cover letter should address these topics:
- Your career goals (even if they are still pretty fuzzy, what direction do you want to go in?)
- What you hope to gain from an internship.
- What goals you have for an internship.
- Why do you want to intern at Victim Witness Services specifically (as opposed to other options)?
Requirements for the Internship Program:
- All interns must attend a 20-hour Crisis Response Training.
- All interns must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain an AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety.
- All interns must be able to follow all VWS policies, including client confidentiality, the Intern Professionalism policy, and other policies that apply to the program (a handbook is available for interns).
- If the intern qualifies to be part of the crisis response team, they must have a valid driver’s license, access to a safe vehicle for on-call shifts, and proof of insurance.
- All interns may be asked to use a personal mobile device for office communication (not with clients!), including being able to access their agency email accounts and calendars.
- We prefer that advocacy interns be 21 years of age or older. All interns should have completed, or plan to complete by the end of the semester, at least two years (4 semesters) of undergraduate study (not necessarily consecutively).
DO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEED ADVOCACY?
Call Victim Witness Services at: (928) 856.7676